Pages - Menu

Saturday, September 8, 2012

Neutrogena Rapid Clear Spot Gel, Toner, and Scrub Review

This is a review for a few products from Neutrogena's Rapid Clear line.

FIRST, Let me just say that this line barely did anything for my skin. I have super oily, incredibly acne prone skin. Basically, angry red teenage skin. This line got rid of some pimples but did not help in preventing...so I ended up having pretty much the same amount of pimples since new ones seem to keep popping up.

 Acne Eliminating Spot Gel:

What it claims:

-visibly reduces breakouts in 8 hours
-reduces pimple size, swelling and redness
-clears breakouts fast using Microclear technology
-maximum strength
-dermatologist tested
-non-comedogenic
-non-irritating
-helps prevent future breakouts

PROS
-lightweight, non sticky

CONS
-was not super effective

OVERALL: 3/5

2 in 1 Fight and Fade Toner:

What it claims:

-fights breakouts in under 8 hours
-fades the look of post acne marks

PROS
-light

CONS
-was not super effective

OVERALL: 2/5


Foaming Scrub:

What it claims:

-breaks down pore-clogging oil, while gentle exfoliating microbeads sweep away dead skin cells
-skin conditioning beads soothe skin to prevent over-drying
-visibly reduces breakouts and prevent new breakouts from emerging
-maximum-strength salicylic acid formula
microclear technology

PROS
-has little beads that help exfoliate a little

CONS
-did not do anything for acne
-leaves skin feeling really tight

OVERALL: 1/5


My Verdict of this line of products:

I would definitely not repurchase.  These products did not help my acne, it dried my skin out and is just not a good line for me.  I bought this in place of the stress control line (which had worked in the past) but it was definitely not as effective.  The products were around $6 ~ $9 each.