Pages - Menu

Sunday, November 25, 2012

"BLONDE DYE ON BROWN/BLACK HAIR" Revlon ColorSilk Dye in Dark Ash Blonde Review

I believe it's been around 4 months since I last dyed my hair.  I really wish I hadn't dyed it.  Not because I don't like the color or anything but because I feel like it's such a waste :(.  I normally dye my hair when I feel I need a new color or for an occasion such as prom or a trip or something.  This year I decided to test the blonde dye.  I figured that since I was going to be Alice for Halloween, it'd be okay if I did go blonde but it pretty much just evened out my hair color which I'm happy with but at the same time.....I wish I waited for prom or something.

#60 Dark Ash Blonde



back of box

comes with color and developer, conditioner, instructions, and gloves

dying process~

My color after and before dyed.  See the orange-y brassiness in my before picture? all gone ;D
SO. Onto the review.

The color I got was #60 Dark Ash Blonde
I left the color in super long. As usual. Which is why I don't like to dye my hair that often. haha~

PROS
-super cheap per box $3 ~ 4 (it's a creme dye so if you have longer hair (my hair is about mid back but I have lots of layers and thin-medium hair.  I still had dye left over from my second box))
-lightens dark hair to a brown if you leave it on long enough (like me haha)
-smell is not horrible

CONS
-messy
-hard to apply (I'm used to foam dyes..)
-faded after 2 1/2 weeks (I'm not too sure about the other dyes I used but this one I actually noticed (starting to see some brassiness from before dying)

OVERALL: 3/5

OVERVIEW
First off.  The application process was super messy and definitely something I'm not used to since I've always used foam dyes (started last year).  So because I'm not used to this, it took me about 45 minutes just to apply the whole thing and then I left it on for about 45 more minutes.  I'm pleased with the color and that it evened out my original color and roots.  My hair also felt softer after using this dye and I think the conditioner it comes with is great!  I feel like the dye has faded a bit after around 2 1/2 weeks because I started to see some brassiness in my hair.  I'm not sure if that's normal since I haven't noticed it that much with other dyes and I haven't dyed my hair that much (only 4 times) but it seemed to fade on me :(  Hope you guys enjoyed this review~