Pages - Menu

Sunday, October 14, 2012

Overview of Past Eyeliners~

Yo~

So like a previous post Overview of Past Mascaras, I have decided to make one featuring eyeliners :D


Here we have (from left to right) Revlon Colorstay Pencil Eyeliner (black), Hard Candy Stroke of Gorgeous (nautical - tealish blue), ELF liquid liner (coffee), Maybelline Line Stiletto (brownish black), Physician's Formula Eye Booster Eyeliner (ultra black), and Physician's Formula Eye Booster Felt-tip (deep brown) 

Wow, that's quite a bit.  I also want to add that these liners are due to be thrown away (way older than 6 months...)  The swatches below are in the order I listed above.  You can see that Revlon isn't that pigmented and the ELF one is pretty streaky (the brush applicator sucks) Oh and the PF Eyeliner can look brown in some lighting but it's very dark :)




Now...for the test :D Tried and Tested on clicknetwork did this so I thought I'd try it too...

Smudge test! 
(Rubbed my finger downward with medium pressure - kind of like how you might rub your eye)

 Maybelline definitely failed...while Revlon, Hard Candy, ELF and PF Felt-tip smudged a bit

After vigorous rubbing......
You can tell that all of them smudged but PF Eyeliner definitely won this round.



 NEXT: Waterproof Test!
This was after running my arm under room temperature tap water for around 15 secs.  
They all held up pretty good except Maybelline came off a little.

This was after wiping and rubbing with a tissue.  
They all smudged and came off but Revlon held up the best in my opinion.


FINALLY: Oil Test! 
This is supposed to replicate oily lids, the oil I used was Jojoba Oil.
This was after lightly dabbing my arm with oil on a cotton pad. The PF Felt-tip starts to run...

 This was after rubbing my arm straight across with a tissue (I rubbed a few times). 
 PF Eyeliner held up the best! Hard Candy also did a good job.


OVERVIEW~


Revlon Colorstay Pencil Eyeliner (black) 
OVERALL: 3/5
It's not exactly the most smudge proof but it's waterproof and I like that it's retractable.  However, it's definitely not the smoothest pencil liner (kind of hard... ._.)

Hard Candy Stroke of Gorgeous (nautical - tealish blue) 
OVERALL: 4/5
Great color payoff.  Smudgeproof (enough for me), waterproof and also good for oily lids :D my lids get oily and this doesn't budge. 
  
ELF liquid liner (coffee)
OVERALL: 1/5
I hated this liner.  The brush applicator is hard and applies streaky.  Isn't smudgeproof or waterproof but might hold on oily lids.  At least it was cheap....

Maybelline Line Stiletto (brownish black) 
OVERALL: 2.5/5
I liked this liner initially but it definitely does not stay well (failed all the tests lol) but it applies really smoothly so if you touch up throughout the day anyway (I never do on eye makeup), it would be okay.

Physician's Formula Eye Booster Eyeliner (ultra black)
OVERALL: 5/5
I loved this liner the most~  It is smudge and waterproof, and will hold better on oily lids.  I do notice that it tends to rub off on the inner corners of my eyes but that's after awhile (and I have monolids...) Great liner! Don't buy this for it's eye-boosting properties though, it does NOT grow your lashes.  But it's a great liner so I'd get again anyway haha.


Physician's Formula Eye Booster Felt-tip (deep brown)
OVERALL: 3/5
This one I bought thinking it would be the same as the other PF liner but this one isn't as good.  It's slightly smudgeproof but not waterproof and probably not good for oily lids.

My Verdict:

If I were to repurchase any of these liners, I go with Hard Candy Stroke of Gorgeous (nautical - tealish blue) and Physician's Formula Eye Booster Eyeliner (ultra black) because of how good they are!  However, I'm still searching for other great liners.  Hope this post helped :D