Pages - Menu

Friday, June 1, 2012

Overview of Past Mascaras





From left to right: NYX Doll Eye Long Lash Mascara, The Falsies Volume Express Waterproof Mascara, Physicians Formula Plentiful Mascara, ELF Regular & Waterproof Mascara Duo, and Rimmel Sexy Curves Full Body Mascara.

Over the past year, I began to use mascaras.  Yeah it's not too many but I've yet to find one that doesn't clump on me :(  I think the best out of this bunch would be the Rimmel Sexy Curves Full Body Mascara (Red tube) as it gave me length and some volume but was still clumpy and could not hold a curl on my thin, pinpoint straight lashes.  I also remember my first mascara (not listed) was actually one of the best I've used.  I remember it was a NYX mascara but I can't remember which one.  It definitely wasn't the Long Lash one...lol.  BTW For me, all these mascaras could not hold a curl....big bummer :(

NYX Doll Eye Long Lash Mascara: Overall Rating: 2/5 
It was okay...Not much to say, it did lengthen but was pretty clumpy.  Doesn't smudge for me though.

The Falsies Volume Express Waterproof Mascara: 2/5 
Same as above but was more clumpy.
Physicians Formula Plentiful Mascara: 3/5 
Gave me more volume than the others, somewhat lengthened, and didn't smudge.  I kind of like this one...haha

ELF Regular & Waterproof Mascara Duo: 1/5
This one was definitely the worst of the bunch.  It smudged and did not do anything! It was very clumpy too....I really dislike this mascara :( The only thing I thought was cool was that it's a duo...but still very bad performance.

Rimmel Sexy Curves Full Body Mascara: 3/5
Probably the best of the bunch.  Gave length and some volume.  It didn't smudge and had the least clumping but was still clumpy so I won't repurchase.

Do I recommend any? NOPE...gotta keep searching.  If you guys have any recommendations, please comment below :D